In this episode of Resistance Radio Derrick Jensen interviews Stephen Jenkinson. They discuss grief, trauma, history, death, community, living well and everything in between.
Stephen Jenkinson is a culture activist, teacher, author and ceremonialist. He is the author of numerous books, including Come of Age: The Case for Elderhood in a Time of Trouble and Die Wise: A Manifesto for Sanity and Soul.
In this episode:
- 1:08 Derrick talks about our relationship with death in this culture
- 5:45 Stephen talks about death phobia in our spiritualism and culture
- 14:35 On grief illiteracy that has arisen from death phobia
- 22:36 Need of a community to take care of a dying person
- 31:33 On being based on our landbases
- 35:34 How do we learn to grieve: rehabilitation
- 45:08 The Orphan Wisdom school
Browse all of Resistance Radio interviews